- May be sewn, knit, crocheted or felted
- Garment body (back, front and sleeves) must be made from wool or wool blend
- Wool blends must contain a minimum of 60% wool or specialty wool fiber
- Specialty wool includes alpaca, angora, camel, cashmere, llama, mohair and vicuna
- Entries must cover both top and bottom, e.g. dress, skirt & top, jacket & pants, except preteens who may make one article of clothing, e.g. vest, skirt, pants
- 60% appearance, presentation and wool promotion/marketability
- 40% construction
Categories: Age on Jan. 1 of district contest year.
(Changed from Dec. 31 by National MIWW.)
- Preteens, age 12 & under. (Preteens compete at district level only)
- Juniors, ages 13-16
- Seniors, ages 17-24
- Adults, ages 25 and older
- Make It for Others (compete at district level only) garments are modeled by the person for whom they were made.